|
Friends to die for
Saturday, April 18, 2009, 3:57 PM
It's through little things you learn that you can be so surrounded by love. Dad especially shows it alot these days. Min and I marathoned through the show 花样男子/流星花园(韩国版) and decided to finish it to stop all of mum's nagging and curb our anticipation for the ending. Mum needed the computer and asked us to stop for an hour or so in the middle and i asked her to use dad's laptop. When she asked if dad would let her use our answer was to just ask him. Our usually "most of the time on his laptop" dad atually let mum use his so that we weren't disturbed. And his occasional popping into the room to ask us to drink milk just made him really funny. The last time was 3am in the morning and he came in laughing saying how come we're not yet sleeping. I thought he would yell at us for sleeping so late but he didn't. That's my dad's kind of love and it doesn't need to be spoken. Either that or he's being very lenient. I think actions really do speak louder than words and mum also showed it by just nagging a bit yesterday saying we're spending quality time on bad things like shows. Get used to it! Another thing I've realised is that for friends to be that close as in the show's F4, you need to give up family. It's an opportunity cost thingy. You give up one for the other (family VS friends) definitely. I can say I have good friends but not to that extend. Family wise, they'll always be my priority. You can never perform the roles of friend and family both well all at the same time unless your friends do things together with your family. I treat all my friend's parents as my own but we not necessarily do things together. But if I were to choose again, family still comes first. I do envy those with such good friends that you are willing to die for and it will be my greatest regret till the day I die. In short, give and take. I'll build that kind of friendship if it doesn't affect family. And I hope that day will come where my this wish could be fulfilled to have no regrets in life. Time is about how you spend it and it is not for wasting. |








