<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9806232?origin\x3dhttp://dancestop.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

King and Emperor
Sunday, April 26, 2009, 1:30 PM

King and Emperor.

Sounds authoritative doesn't it? That's the SSO performance I went to watch with Min on Thursday.
Jean-Claude Casadesus as conductor, Barry Douglas with piano and Marc Rochester with the organ (both are guest performers) performing BEETHOVEN-Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73 ‘Emperor’ and SAINT-SAëNS-Symphony No. 3 in C minor, Op. 78 ‘Organ Symphony’ respectively.

It was really cool with the both of us only, driving down BKE and PIE with blasting music and cool shades, shaking our heads with the blasting rock music. And I sped as much as I could. The concert was damn nice and we got good seats so the whole surround was good. I was glad it didn't bore me to sleep like when I was younger. Walked to Marina to find movie timings but it all was at least 1 hour away from 10pm so we dropped the idea of a midnight movie and walked back to SRC to our car. Ate the Japanese ice cream at citylink (can't remember the name of the shop) but its ice cream was really as nice as Min's friend had described. On the drive home I sped along Bukit Timah Road and screamed to the music. I stepped on the accelerator to take over this stupid driver and screamed out while doing so and found it to be such good release I want to do it again :) Min parked the car when we got home and I controlled not to help or scold her.

Phew... I still need a break out of S'pore. Need to wait till next week before the rest finish their exams. Spending money can be such a chore sometimes...