|
I've bagged a job!
Thursday, October 22, 2009, 6:45 PM
It is officially confirmed that I'll be joining Ernst & Young as of November! I'm both thankful and excited about the chance to work in the Big 4. I heard from my father that EY is ranked second amongst Big 4 and this did not excite me one bit. In turn I'm stressed out thinking how sad my work life will be. Working late hours, making new friends, coping with work and most importantly waking up early everyday.
I'm supposed to work a five day week but due to the nature of the job, overtime is most probably a must. So goodbye to happy times I will spend with friends and family and no more clubbing from now. It won't be as bad once I get used to it but the thought of it actually happening is scary. I'm an adult now an am confident in handling what come may. What I also dread is also office politics. Not that I will lose out in politics but I prefer everything to be simple. So goodbye to my current life and hello to a bright future. I promised myself an overseas trip after 3 years or maybe 5 years after I achieve something in my career... I may not ba able to meetup with friends and would definitely miss the times spent with them. Anyway, everyone's busy with exchange or final year exams now and I with my project. I'm trying to complete it before work starts! I must thank my sis for what happened yesterday as my project got lost as the computer crashed. I only have one saved copy and it was corrupted. Really unlucky of me. I even prayed for it to not happen and cried due to anxiety and thinking I need to redo everything. It was 6 months of work down the drain. Luckily my sis checked the web to find how to retrieve lost data and I got an old copy did a few days ago recovered. But half of it was gone and my analysis all lost. Poor me. Wasted whole morning yesterday and stared at the screen till my eyes went dry to try recalling and redoing my analysis. Poor poor me. It's still not finished mow and I'm having a writer's block... Help me! One more week of freedom and then my life would be sad! |








