|
Daddy's dae
Saturday, January 30, 2010, 11:37 PM
It was that time of the year again when my dad grows older but looks just as young as a few years before. I had a hectic day at work but managed to finish all my work on hand to leave for our celebration at 和平饭店。
The mood wasn't so good at first due to 哥哥's reckless driving and dad getting angry with him and both of them were losing their temper. Then came the news of no prepared tables even when I booked one the day before. It only all died down when the food was served. It was the most satisfying and value for money meal I had. Of course I paid for the meal as I was working and had to treat them all someday.The 8 course dinner was really filling and other than the fish, I loved all the rest of the dishes. Abalone mushroom w sea cucumber, shark's fin, fried fish skin,fish with ginger, fish fried with cheese and roe, smoked duck,yee mee with lobster and cheese and xue3 ge2 for dessert. Sounds expensive right? But all I can say is it was value for money and worth every cent I paid. Then as we were leaving we saw the chief cook which kissed dad outside the restaurant once he knew it was dad's 牛一(cantonese).The feeling was so cheeky and hilarious dad couldn't react in time. So two fat kisses from the cook slapped on his face (andworst is the cook was a guy too)!!! Suprise suprise!!!Apparently my dad's still charming :)) Then was home for the tiramisu cake with compliments from citigold and photo taking. The cake was not bad except the wine taste could be stronger... Then was tata! As we were shagged from work. Went to CPA event this morning and found the senior I was working with for the past two weeks was a speaker in the event! So coincidental!!! Hahax... It was quite a fruitful but useless trip as they are focused on experienced hires... WTH!!! Went to make pineapple tarts at my uncle's house and it was not as difficult as it seems. Turned out quite well and I was allowed to bring a tub home!!! Yum yum. I will try to make some next week and stock up for the mew year! My fav! Spent sometime with xinyi and yongyi and it was a real small but heartwarming "gathering". Can't describe how I felt on the bus journey home. All I can say is people change and everything really does turn out for the better as long as I can change my thinking or take a little initiative or just forget the past and work towards the future... whatever it is, I cherish life more and more and family really is my strongest support. Tmr will be haircut day, SYOG audition day and Hort Park/Vivo day! My weekends could be so busy but relaxing and I feel that my time is well spent! Next weekend would be our photoshoot day... Last Thursday I was also really touched as I received a call from my colleague asking about how my test went and progress at work then was enen jiejie's sms about going out with the girls on Friday. I feel so contented to be included in their activities and that they actually think of me. Maybe its called reaping what you sowed or it could be wishes coming true. But if I'm in a dream I hope I'll never wake up! Now's the time to plan for my CNY trip!!! Hurry hurry!!! |








