|
Stockholm day 4
Wednesday, October 05, 2011, 6:34 AM
- Woke up at 9am for breakfast and slept well for 12 hours... Finally had ample rest to start a new day..
- Ate cereal with milk in the common kitchen - Got ready till about 10am then set off... Tried hiring bicycle but gave up as the tandem was too difficult to control and the rest of the bikes did not have brakes.. Swedish style bikes is to peddle backwards to stop... Like who knows... We still felt unsafe without brakes... - Ko rented one bike for SEK50 for supposedly 4hrs but took it out for about 8hrs - Set off walking to the harbor shopping on the way... Aye lunch at kurturhset, the cultural centre. Took photos along the way and at the harbor. Saw the opera house and the palace and the grand hotel from close proximity. Then we went on to the other island near the harbor where we had great view of the old town. More photo taking and then it was my turn to try on the bike. The Swedish way of life was to cycle all around.. And with the cold wind in my hair and firm control of the bike... I was off just a short distance then let it out to Min... It was really funny at first as she could not control the bike and headed straight towards the water.. Finally she got it... When she played enough we walked to the island and visited the architectural museum... Not because we were into architecture and specially chose it to visit but because it was free till 29 Oct... But I appreciated the models and architectural explanation... Typically enjoyed the older designs of churches and houses... Relates a lot to people's way of life and makes me think of my dad who was sitting alone on the harbor as he was too tired to walk with us.. We let Ko to explore on his bike and walked back to mum and dad... That's when I realize I lost my phone... Traced back my steps and I found it... Seems like I lose sth and finds it back in every city... Helsinki was my scarf and Stockholm is my handphone... Thank god I found these two items back especially my phone... Lucky me! Then we went shopping at the largest departmental store in Sweden - Athens. Where the toilet costs SEK10 which was €1 and S$2... most expensive toilet I have heard of so far... Then Min and I went to shop H&M and I bought a jacket for SEK199 with eu de toilet at SEK49.50. Lastly went to Hemkop super mart to get pizza that's microwavable when we get back to the hostel... It was having a promotion for SEK40 for 2 so I bought their in house brand... Headed home and on the way we stopped by at this sweet store.... Bought SEK34 worth of sweets and the vanilla caramel was good.. So was the rest... - Back at the hostel the kitchen was once again crowded so I waited a while before microwaving the two pizza, pizza capriccio and pizza mexicana... And a bit of pasta cooked by Ko... First time I see him cook... With the help of me of course... Then was coco time and then wash up and sleep... We're so within our budget in Stockholm... - H&M is at every corner here I dunno whats the big hoo ha in Singapore... - I love the old town a lot especially the architecture... New town was a bit messy... People relatively friendly but not a lot understand English... Overall I prefer Helsinki to Stockholm except for the old architecture in old town which was unbeatable... Night night... |








