<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9806232?origin\x3dhttp://dancestop.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

London day 13
Friday, November 04, 2011, 12:58 PM
We changed rooms on the second day as there was petroleum smell in the room. The reception girl gave us an even smaller room even though we requested for one of similar size... After a bit of whoo haa, we got a more satisfactory room that was in a corner... The we finally left the hostel around 2pm and headed straight to Apollo Victoria theatre for our musical tickets. We bought the cheapest tickets at 5 x £15 and then left for canary wharf where we got a glimpse of the financial hub of London then from there bought lunch at waitrose which was apparently just while chicken and chips and yoghurt for all five of us... There was a lot of grab and go food over there and I observed many working adults just eat lunch like we did on a bench outside the hypermarket... And I found it sad.. But I always do the same at work.. Eating alone or rather take away than eat at a stall... The minuses to working life... I think as long as we eat then it's fine... Some of my seniors can go without eating and it is bad in the long run... Then was some satisfactory GAP shopping.. Pieces of fine clothing was only selling at £9.99 per piece. I got one and min got 3 while mum got 1. Then we proceeded to Greenwich to see the place outside of London where our altitude starts... It is 0 degrees from there and our Greenwich timing starts there.. Nothing much... So we left for Westminster to see the. Big Ben and Westminster abbey... They were stunning especially the big ben with it's chiming at the tick of 6pm and old architecture. The we began the long walk back to the theatre as someone said it was walkable... We were all cheated it was a long walk.. Then we passed sainsbury hyper mart to buy dinner, this time was scones with strawberry and banana milk and ginger Halloween cookies... A small rest stop then was the final leg to the theatre. The musical was nice but not as mind blowing as I expected as there were really good reviews of the musical and my expectations were unexpectedly raised. I guess it's a fairytale that is twisted and all still ended happily ever after... Makes me wonder if I am more like the good fairy or witch, or neither one? Back to our lousy hostel where we can all rest after a rushed and tiring day.