<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9806232?origin\x3dhttp://dancestop.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Venice day 23 to 24
Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:31 PM
It was the most memorable part of our trip to be in Venice. We stayed at hotel Venezia and bus 4 or 4L to piazzale Roma where we started our walking tour. Was told we can never get lost in Venice cause it is all linked together with canals and more than 120 bridges. Was told the facades facing the canals are prettier.. Had €5 dinner where we get a slice of pizza, a soft drink and two scoops of gelato. Then we proceeded to the Rialto bridge and st mark's square... Had too much history from the local guide so I am not going to regurgitate something I cannot remember. We walked to the gondola place where the driver said he could get for us at €75 cheapest rate. Then back to the piazzale Roma right after the walking tour and back to the hotel for an early night while the rest goes out to drink once again...

Next day we went shopping and decided against island hopping... Back to the Rialto bridge but before that went into a local eatery for some squid pasta and pizza and seafood plate... Then shopping and walking.. Bought earrings and murano earring and necklace set.. Mum bought a mask... I saw really nice masks there but the nicer ones were too expensive while the normal ones were too common... Anyway I took photos of those I really love! And we really roamed around to finally get to st mark's square where we met the rest for our gondola ride... It was half an hour and took us to the not so nice part of the canals.. All I smelled was disgusting sewage and ride was too short showing us the not that nice parts... Disappointing really... Then we went on to the st mark's basilica and walked the other way back... Along the way I bought leather small green bag while mum got another design and min got the same one but in blue. Mine costs €18 while mum's cost €29. Then we began the long walk back where I bought postcards along the way and saw two of our tour members enjoying being lost in Venice... The long walk straight took us like an hour or two and it was almost eight when we reached the hotel where we saw the rest going for steak. We didn't join them but rested in our room and had whatever food left with us as dinner... Biscuit and ice cream... Etc.. Boiled water as there was no water to buy along the way back... Then was nighty night...